Monday, February 28, 2011

SPEECH

Hello allow me to introduce myself I am Sir.Curtis
Alexander Corneille De la olla the third, and I am a
southern male plantation owner, and I am representing
all plantation owners in the south. Things we have done
in America is make slaves plant, and harvest tobacco, by
planting tobacco it has contributed to America’s economy
by selling tobacco to people for them to smoke. some
struggles we have had is that slavery could end in 20
years, and it could end in 1808. It has been a struggle
because slaves have run away, and a way that I have
established my plantation is that if slaves ran away and
they got caught they would return them to me. Another
struggle is that if we loose slaves we start loosing power.
What I have done to find the United States is by making
slaves plant, and harvest tobacco. I did not help during the
revolution i just made slaves work and I hunted down the
slaves that tried to run away.
In my own opinion its well that slaves
only count as ⅗ of a person in representation and that
means more power for me. I got more representation in
congress. I am not so thrilled about how they said they
might end the slave trade in 1808. If they do then I’m out
of business and I will be broke. Other than that it’s great
that I have slaves and even if they try to escape they will
be caught and brought back to me . That benefits me
thanks to the fugitive slave cause. So slaves are awesome
for me and i get more money for bossing slaves around.

No comments:

Post a Comment